Hello blog, it has been 4 1/2 years since my last post! I thought I'd just give you an update with what's happened since then:
- I was retrenched, and had a year and a half break off work. I spent a lot of time during my break in the Philippines with my parents who were sick on and off during that time. We even got to travel twice with my parents when they were well - I was so happy to show them Mt. Mayon and Davao.
- My mum died last year.
- I found another job after my break, it is not as exciting as my old job with Tyco but I get to leave the office at exactly 5:30pm. One of the perks of the not-so-new-job (I've been here for more than a year now) is that the office is in the city. I love working in the city, I love the tall, shiny skyscrapers, I love the food choices, the gym choices, I love watching the city people, and I love how work is so near to my house. I sometimes cycle to work and back, and I've tried twice to run from office to home.
- The muppet is now 6 1/2 years old! She's still as happy and as talkative and as sweet as ever. And she can read now.
- The other half also changed his job and now works in the city too. He lost a lot of weight and I think he's still in love with me. Ha!
- I am really trying to be fit again. I think I am now semi-fit. I go to the gym mostly 4x a week. My swimming has improved a lot because I go to a swim class at the gym. Oh and I signed up to run a marathon this year!
- I'm turning 40 this year. I don't feel that age though, I think I'll feel forever like I'm in my 20s.
- I'm learning to ride a motorbike. This is my second attempt because I was terrified of motorbikes 2 years ago - let's just say I fell a lot of times. It's also better this time because I'm learning with a friend.
Hopefully, my next update won't be after another 4 1/2 years.