Thursday, July 22, 2010

Caution: P-plate driver ahead!

P is for probation! And I've been driving for a week now. The truth is my heart still beats fast every time I think of driving. The first day I drove to work, it took me more than 30 minutes to park the car (catching my bus was actually faster). First, I parked on the loading bay of trucks. I had to move my car but I was too slow parking that other cars honked at me :(. So now I learned my lesson and park on the uppermost level where I can take my sweet time. What can I say, the parking they taught me in driving school is so different from real life! Anyway, I am actually not that bad with parking (vertical at least) anymore. I found this guide http://www.drivinghelp.com/bay_parking_the_manoeuvre/ and it really helped me improve my parking:


Simon is a very tough teacher, and he's been forcing me(whether or not he's in the car) to take expressways, tunnels and  try parallel parking but there was this one time he got so stressed because I almost hit a pole and didn't even realize it. He's in Phuket now for a golf weekend and I am dreading to get him from the airport this coming Sunday.

So here's my p-plate (taken by Sym) while I was driving us to Universal Studios:

And yes, Jao and Sym were here last weekend for my birthday! I got the sweetest friends :)

No comments:

Hello 2017

Hello blog, it has been 4 1/2 years since my last post! I thought I'd just give you an update with what's happened since then: I...