The bad news
1) My work still sucks. If anything, it has gotten worse. For some weeks now, I've been staying in the office until/past midnight. Tonight is a good example. The boss said we need to stay until 1 or 2am. (damn you boss) And I'm here in my desk yawning like a madman, listening to a conference call that has been going on for hours, and I am still clueless why my fix wouldn't work.
2) I recently found out I have cone-shaped corneas. The doctors call it "keratoconus". It's not life-threatening or anything but still I cried when I learned about it. You see I was all set to undergo a LASIK surgery to correct my near-sightedness. I have planned it for months, and the day of the operation itself, one of the tests said I have this eye problem therefore I am not eligible for LASIK. Apparently, it is dangerous for me to have any kind of laser vision correction surgery as it may further weaken my already weak corneas. I have asked other doctors for their opinion but sadly the findings are all the same. I am doomed to wear contact lens for all time.
The good news
1) I turned 29 last month. Yey! N cooked for my birthday, and bought me cake and an mp3 player. I felt so loved. And I had a nice dinner with friends. And was able to talk to my family and friends back home.
2) I moved to a new condo. And I love it. Everywhere is so near lah! The marketplace, the church, the hawkers, the boyfriend's flat, the dragonboat training site.
3) I have started training again with SPC(Singapore Paddle Club). I was also able to use my 10-month old paddle for the first time. Yeah!
4) I finally opened my first ever savings account! I even have a cool passbook and an atm to prove it. I hope this is my first step to becoming rich and maybe after a year or two I can quit this damn job.
Hello blog, it has been 4 1/2 years since my last post! I thought I'd just give you an update with what's happened since then: I...
It was the fourth session of our prenatal class in Raffles Hospital, the lecturer was discussing all about epidurals and episiotomy, vacuums...
P is for probation! And I've been driving for a week now. The truth is my heart still beats fast every time I think of driving. The firs...
The intention was to have 4 days and 4 nights in Batanes. Annoyingly though, on the day before we flew Seair cancelled our flight due to &qu...