The bad news
1) My work still sucks. If anything, it has gotten worse. For some weeks now, I've been staying in the office until/past midnight. Tonight is a good example. The boss said we need to stay until 1 or 2am. (damn you boss) And I'm here in my desk yawning like a madman, listening to a conference call that has been going on for hours, and I am still clueless why my fix wouldn't work.
2) I recently found out I have cone-shaped corneas. The doctors call it "keratoconus". It's not life-threatening or anything but still I cried when I learned about it. You see I was all set to undergo a LASIK surgery to correct my near-sightedness. I have planned it for months, and the day of the operation itself, one of the tests said I have this eye problem therefore I am not eligible for LASIK. Apparently, it is dangerous for me to have any kind of laser vision correction surgery as it may further weaken my already weak corneas. I have asked other doctors for their opinion but sadly the findings are all the same. I am doomed to wear contact lens for all time.
The good news
1) I turned 29 last month. Yey! N cooked for my birthday, and bought me cake and an mp3 player. I felt so loved. And I had a nice dinner with friends. And was able to talk to my family and friends back home.
2) I moved to a new condo. And I love it. Everywhere is so near lah! The marketplace, the church, the hawkers, the boyfriend's flat, the dragonboat training site.
3) I have started training again with SPC(Singapore Paddle Club). I was also able to use my 10-month old paddle for the first time. Yeah!
4) I finally opened my first ever savings account! I even have a cool passbook and an atm to prove it. I hope this is my first step to becoming rich and maybe after a year or two I can quit this damn job.
Hello blog, it has been 4 1/2 years since my last post! I thought I'd just give you an update with what's happened since then: I...
P is for probation! And I've been driving for a week now. The truth is my heart still beats fast every time I think of driving. The firs...
It was the fourth session of our prenatal class in Raffles Hospital, the lecturer was discussing all about epidurals and episiotomy, vacuums...
The intention was to have 4 days and 4 nights in Batanes. Annoyingly though, on the day before we flew Seair cancelled our flight due to &qu...